09 January 2009

"Surely, if there be constant attachment on each side, our hearts must understand each other ere long."

Finally true happiness has returned to my life! That is right my long lost computer is now back, fixed and working wonderfully! I was so excited it was like Christmas all over again as I waited not so patiently for my new adaptor to arrive! The computer nightmare started when I took my baby to geeksquad to fix my DC Jack which was loose. How it gets loose I have no idea, but this is the second time I have taken it in for the same thing...whatever! Plus the right hinge was cracked and I thought it would be cool if they could replace that as well. So I take it in on 16 Dec. After about a week I took in my adaptor because that wasn't working either. But the nice geeket told me that she could not send the adaptor in while my computer was there. So Home I returned and waited...and waited...and waited...it's been a very long wait! I was told that it should definitely be back by 2 Jan. But this day came and went. So Tuesday 6 Jan I finally called...and the geek dude said that it was there and had been there for a couple of days! WHAT!!! I couldn't believe it. So after getting Megs signed up for one more class we headed over to Best Buy and picked up my long lost friend! As we were headed home, I finally decided on a name for my computer...that's right a name. You all can thank Hayes for this new...quirky...slightly strange behavior, who told me once that he named all his electronic devices. I thought it was slightly cute, but haven't been able to really think of an appropriate name. My car, at first was Temp, because it was going to be a temp, but as the days went on and my driving continued to be done in said car, it earned a name to...Mr Charles Bingley, called just Bingley or Chuck! But back to my computer. So I get my computer back and O drags me to FN...which is short for Family Night, most people say FHE but I find calling it FN much more enjoyable! Which is probably why I will never be the "FHE person" could you imagine someone standing up at the pulpit in the chapel and announcing that FN will be Tuesday at 7:30!! That would be so funny! Anyways...can you tell I have had 3 Mountain Dews today!...so we get back from FN and it's dead!!! :( Seriously so depressing. The next day as we shopped for a birthday present for Mel, I went to Best Buy and talk to yet a new geek and was told that they couldn't do anything! They told me to call Best Buy and that they would ship me a new one since it was under warranty. So we buy Mel's present, and come home and I call Best Buy, I talked to a very nice guy, TJ, and he says that he'll get that shipped that to me, and I should get it in 5-7 business days. I thanks him and want to scream, cry, eat ice cream anything. Another week, you have to be freaking kidding me! BUT this morning I finally check my email, and to my surprise the tracking number that they sent me said that my adaptor would arrive today! Today! HOLY MOLY! I could hardly believe it! I kept checking the status every 5-10 minutes. And finally at 2:43 it arrived! I almost screamed! L and I ran to the door and waved to the nice UPS man as he drove off! My adaptor was here! It's here finally, with a new mother board, LCD thing and brand new adaptor! Now after 24 very long days life can resume to normality, which since I have no job, my computer is my life! Wait, what was that...it's name...Well he's Captain Frederick Wentworth of course!

2 comments:

Eddie and Brenda said...

To tell you the truth...I sad that your computer is working! Now I guess I will go back to missing you! It was VERY nice to see you once in a while!....don't hibernate just because your computer is back....

Mal Mecham said...

Holy fetcher Nevitt! You crack me up and did I mention that I miss your guts?! i do. AND I love the name of your computer. Excellent choice. I've named my car and my computer. But I need something really special to name Mr. Knightly... any idea of something that I could buy that would deserve the name? :) I love you!