08 March 2009

oh MY goodness...

I finally petitioned to graduate! That's right! After all these years of taking classes that really didn't have anything to do with a degree or life plan! I'm getting my associates this May...well I have two science classes and a pretty random not very interesting communications class that I have to pass, but then I'll graduate. (So prayers for me and my future are totally welcome! :)


I've been to two weddings in the last two weeks. Both for friends that my sister, Megs...who is 18...and they all graduated last May! That was pretty intense!


My best friend from high school A...who is not only freaking gorgeous but one of the most fun persons I know...had a bridal shower. (Her wedding is Friday, the 13th! I Personally think that is kind of awesome!) Which was fun, and cute...but she's getting married! This is super intense! It has caused me to realize that I might be a little bit behind on this whole growing up thing we are suppose to do! (Above picture was totally stolen from her fiance's facebook page...but I don't think he reads this so I'm not even going to pretend I'm sorry!)

Not so much the marriage part, but the part where she's graduated, teaching 2nd graders, has a house, But then again she always was the more responsible one. But still, when I graduated I had a plan. I was going to be a teacher...that didn't work out so well as I dropped my intro to education class before the first day. Then I was going to major in communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and work for Disney! In reality I don't know how serious I was about this, but it sounded cool, I liked communication, it was really long so people thought I had a plan when I explained what I was going to do, and who doesn't want to work for Disney?!

The one thing I knew was that I was going to go on a mission! Missions are awesome! To anyone who is thinking/pondering/considering I would highly recommend them! It will be the hardest, most fun experience of your life. When I look back on things now I realize that I didn't really have a life plan, just a half life plan...you know right up until I left on my mission. Before my mission I knew I could pick up my papers 6 months before I turned 21, I knew I could turn them in 3 months before, I was set apart on my 21st birthday then reported to the MTC. That was what happened. I just always counted on the fact that I would be so spiritually enlightened as a missionary, that I would know exactly what to do with the rest of my life. Yeah...that didn't work.


So life has been kind of intense lately...you know in that I don't have a job, so I really don't do much of anything kind of way! For example...


Since then I dropped a communications class at BYU and decided that it wasn't for me. I dropped an intro to education class, because if all education classes were as boring and pointless as that one there was no way I was going to get through them! Now I am seriously thinking about being a librarian! I'd be dealing with more books than people. I have an excuse to wear awesome librarian clothes...think Rachel Weisz in the Mummy, Mariam Madam Librarian from the Music Man, high waisted skirts, heels, sweaters, horn rimmed glasses, fishnets...the closet would be awesome in and of it self!

Plus on top of everything else, I forgot that my future husband turned 41 on Monday! So I'm sorry Daniel, but you know how it is!

2 comments:

iheartkiwi said...

i see you've met my boyfriend daniel craig... (shhh don't tell kiwi) i might need to introduce you to my other boyfriends jim sturgess from across the universe, and james mcevoy from atonement:)

iheartkiwi said...

p.s. growing up is for the birds.