11 April 2009

Twilight!

I have finally watched Twilight and…I liked it! Seriously! To be completely honest I was more excited to watch it now then I ever was when it was in theaters! So here's the low down…


1st-I am still not in love with Robert Pattinson! Sorry but when I look at him I do not see the Edward I read about in the book! He's good looking and I would not stop him from kissing me…ever…and I admit that by the end of the movie I was almost ready to completely forgive him for all disgusting hair pictures and accept him as the new love in my life. But even in the movie he has this…weird uncontrollable hair thing going on! I mean seriously Bella, get control of your man and cut his hair! Not a lot, just a little off of the enormous cabbage on top of his head! Now don't get me wrong, I've seen pictures where his hair looks hot and I see why he doesn't do something different…but for the most part it bothers me!...This might have something to do with the fact that my dad has never had hair, and my brothers (and PS for that matter) have never had hair long enough to bother me or resemble cabbage!

2nd-There are a few characters that I really loved in the movie and none of them get a lot of air time but here they are anyway!

…Charlie Swan played by Billy Burke…not the one in the wheel chair...! I really loved him in the book and in the movie! And it helps that Burke is pretty hot! Yes he is, even if they tried to hide the hottness with a mustache…yeah it didn't work! He's not future husband material, only because he's married to Jennie Garth and they really do look beautiful together! It looks like I'm destined to be Mrs. Craig!

…Esme Cullen played by Elizabeth Reaser! She really brought the loveliness of Esme to the screen! Esme is the one that makes them a Family! Her vampire quality that was enhanced by vampirism was love…just loving others! I can't even picture what I thought Esme looked anymore! She really was perfect!

…Jasper Hale played by Jackson Rathbone and Alice Cullen played by Ashley Green! Jasper is hot and definitely a candidate to be my future husband...and he's in a band! Alice well lets be honest she's my favorite character from the books, and they are my favorite couple!



3rd-There are some things that are minor but that I did miss in the movie.
...Bella's prom dress, is suppose to be way over the top! I was looking forward to seeing the awkward, shy Bella in an over the top dress and shoe to match!
...When Bella wakes up in the hospital her Mom tells her Edward is sleeping…but we all know that vampires don't sleep! I missed the little, sarcastic lighten the mood side versus straight into a New Moon I can't live without Edward yet thing!
...The blood testing scene. When Bella needs to go to the nurse because she can't stand the smell of blood. When on her way she meets Edward who was cutting class so he wouldn't be tempted…seriously what a gentleman!..! He tells her that you can't smell blood, even though he can and she says she can!
...When Bella figures out what Edward is…mainly from Jacob telling her…she has weird dreams of him but she says that "she couldn't feel the right kind of fear" One of my favorite lines from the book, it would have fit well in the movie!
...Bella says Edward's name out loud when she was sleeping…this is why he kept coming back!
...Not so much in this movie BUT when Jacob becomes a werewolf, he grows Super Tall…how is this little Jacob going to pull that off? Other that that I wasn't disappointed in Jacob, even though I always pictured him as Hubbard's husband J…who is tall...in my head!

Over all I really enjoyed the movie! And it might be that I'm just hanging out with K and M too much lately…still not going to see Hannah Montana though…I definitely recommend the movie! What I don’t recommend is obsessing about the books! No offence to those who are or have, but that is kind of pathetic! But to each his own!

1 comment:

iheartkiwi said...

well that was quite the twilight synopsis! i'm ready for the new moon movie to come out... and i hear drew barrymore might be directing one down the line!