03 June 2009

Pupusas!!

So tonight I made pupusas for dinner! For those unfortunate few who don't know what a pupusa is…well they are an El Salvadoranian delicacy. These were a mission favorite!

They weren't incredibly authentic! They were filled with Mom's beans and regular cheese. I even made curtido which is the cabbage/vinegar stuff that goes on top. But I didn't add jalapenos…I just don't like my food super spicy.

I didn't make the salsa but used El Pato instead. It's hotter then the traditional salsa but still good. They were…OK…ugly and not very round…but alright. Definitely not what I remember! They were thicker then they should have been and and lacked a certain…something. They weren't what I remember, but not bad for a first try.

How to Eat a Pupusa…Note you eat them with your hands! That's right not a fork!

...Anyone know a good Pupusaria in the valley?

2 comments:

Emilee said...

hmmmm...i dont know what i think about those things...
so will you do me a favor M? i need to get a hold of melissa and i am too lazy to call your house. imagine that! anyway, will you ask her if she will cut mine and baylee's hair this wednesday sometime, night, morning, afdternoon, whenever. if i could pick a time, it'd be evening, but i dont really care. we are coming down tuesday and then camping thursday for the weekend. we will be down there the entire next week too so if wednesday does not work, we can do it the next week. sorry to but YOU about this...

KeNzIE said...

Malinda! Your quite the cook!! It looks so yummy!