24 July 2009

Favorite Fridays!

Diana Wynne Jones is like the goddess of Fantasy novels! I admit that it took me a couple of chapters to understand exactly what was going on, but then it was just like...holy freaking genius! A magical world being over run with tourist! But then you throw in talking Griffins, dragons, enchantresses, friendly cows, meat eating sheep, sarcastic geese, elves, flying horses...Who thinks of these things! Dark Lord of Derkhlom is one of the Best fantasy books that I have ever read!

Giambattista Valli! I'm loving Valli's Drape Front Knitted Dress! I love the bow detail. You might remember Zoe Saldana wore it a while back.


Hannah Montana! I know, I know, I didn't expect to see this here either. But it was...good. Surprised! Oh yeah, me too. Now don't get me wrong, it's not Oscar material and it has Many elements of the ridiculous. But for a little girl movie…that has appearances by Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts…it's cute. If you've ever seen the TV show you know what to expect. But it's cute!...and so is the guy. He plays the dude in Taylor Swift's You Belong with Me video. And to be honest I probably liked it because we saw it with N and L…for N's 8th birthday!...and a theater full of little girls who new the words to all the songs. Then there was Megs who acted like she was crying every time N looked at her!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So either I am always the first commenter or the only commenter on your blog. Oh well, what are ya gonna do? I just wanted to recommend an author who is freaking hilarious and I think you might like his books. Terry Prachet. I am excited to read the book you recommended. It looks awesome! And since YOU recommended the HM movie, I just might watch it. Thanks.

Malinda said...

Well if you do see the HM movie...I suggest seeing it with someone under the age of 10!

KeNzIE said...

My favorite part of that movie was at the end when the guy tell miley, " I'm so not over it" meaning his crush! hahah prob. the most cheesiest line!