19 March 2010

Favorite Fridays!

Alice in Wonderland! Oh my goodness! I don't even have the words to describe how much I loved this movie! It was beautiful! The colors and the lack there of, the costumes, the scenery...everything is gorgeous! I like the fact that Tim Burton isn't confined to the traditional tale of Alice but takes it and creates his own! Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter was interesting...especially is futterwaken dance that Lola loved! I liked the fact that Alice's guide is the world's crazy person! Helena Bonham Carter does an excellent job as the big headed Red Queen. Anne Hathaway flit's about the screen...which Nina could not stop impersonating after the movie, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen and Alan Rickman lend their incredible voice talents to the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit and the Blue Caterpillar. And though Alice was the character that bothered me the most...which has nothing to do with the movie but the fact that I read Melanie Benjamin's Alice Have I Been and came to appreciate that Alice so this one bothered me a little...I thought Mia Wasikowska did a good job. And I loved every one of her dresses!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I loved it! Douglas Adams gives a completely random...crazy...hilarious story about the destruction of Earth! We join Arthur Dent, a very regular ordinary human that get caught up in a very irregular, extraordinary adventure! You will love it...or maybe hate it...so sit down, pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy! And remember...Don't Panic!


They Might Be Giants! Since I spend my days watching kids under the age of five I have come to greatly appreciate TMBG. I Am A Paleontologist is my favorite song from their Here Come Science CD. So enjoy!

No comments: