09 March 2010

Grocery Store Books!

Megs and I went to the grocery store the other night and as we were walking to the checkout we passed through book aisle. Which I found very…funny! I laughed to myself as I wondered what demographic they were targeting. Seriously at least seventy-five percent were romance novels. I could just see the mother of two or more getting all hot walking down that aisle with all the rippling chest muscles with scantily clad women clinging to them…or being clung to! There were other books...best sellers, cook books, books recently made into movies, etc. They had the beginning of a few series which I thought was interesting because they had the beginning but not the most recently published ones. Do you know anyone who's ever bought a book from a grocery store? Was it a romance novel? Hahaha! Oh good times!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I bought Harry Potter 5 from a grocery store, because it was a good price, was released at midnight, and I needed groceries anyway.

preston and melanie said...

as a mother of two, you better tell me where this aisle is...you had me at rippling muscles and bulging biceps...just kidding, I think those books are funny though, don't think you are going to get anyone to admitting to buy them. funny post aunty m!

Angie said...

K I always love your blog! This had me busting up laughing cause I totally saw two old ladies having a debate between two of those exact "bulging biceps" books. I totally started giggling as I walked by....they heard me and started whispering. I laugh every time I think about it!!

Emilee said...

Lol! I k ow few mothers who would waste their time on booksike that. Wish I just had time to read anything! Something! Blogs will do for now. . . Anyway! Enjoy those 4 bucks too!