04 April 2010

He is Risen!

I'm sitting here listening to conference, which is awesome! And I'm thinking about Easter, and I thought about when the Savior visited the America's after His Resurrection. The account is in 3 Nephi 11, in the Book of Mormon. I love this part of the Book of Mormon. It's when all the survivors of the terrible storms are gathering in the Land Bountiful at the temple, and they hear a voice but they don't understand. They hear it three times and don't understand what it is until the last time. It says, Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name--hear ye him! Then the multitude of people look up and see a man descending out of heaven.

He tell the people, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come to the world. But my favorite part is what Christ does first, Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world. And he stood there and waited for each one everyone...2500 people...going one by one and touch His hands, His feet, and His side.

I love this story because Christ loved each one of them enough to stand there and wait for them, so that they would know! And we can know, because they did! I wasn't there but I believe them! The proof of our Saviors love is engraved in the palms of His hands and on His feet! And we can all know of His love because He is still standing with His arms out stretched to us...waiting for each of us to come and feel for ourselves!

I know that Christ lives! I know that he loves us! I know that he is always there for us...for me! And I am so grateful that we can all listen to a modern day prophet on this Easter Sunday!

2 comments:

Yolaunda said...

Hi, I love this picture of the Savior showing himself to the Nephites. Do you know who painted it and do you know where I can get a larger pixel of it? Thank you.
Yolaunda

Malinda said...

It was painted by Walter Rane, it's called One by One.