25 April 2010

Favorite Fridays!...on Sunday!

Maisie Dobbs! A couple of Sunday's ago I wore this cool cloche hat, that I am very proud of...because I think hats should make a come back! I was just sitting there waiting for Relief Society to start when Sister Wright...who is awesome!...mentioned that I reminded her of Maisie Dobbs! I thanked her taking it on faith that it was a compliment, when I got home I looked the name up and much to my surprise it was a book series! I read the first one, Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear and loved it! Dobbs is a detective...a psychological investigator! She's pretty awesome and she wears a cloche hat which makes sense because she lives in post WWI London!

An Education! I finally watched it and loved it! It's a beautiful film with an amazing soundtrack! The whole film is lovely, including Carey Mulligan who does an amazing job! Olivia Williams is her teacher, she doesn't get a lot of screen time but she's excellent! Rosamund Pike is very funny which wasn't a role I expected of her! Over all it's a great movie!

RM Roland Mouret! Diane Kruger looked amazing...as per usual...she wore a Spring 2010 asymmetrical dress by Rouland Mouret! Seriously stunning! I like the gathering on the hip! And the pop of color the fuchsia clutch adds!

Mema and Pop! They celebrated their 56th Wedding Anniversary on Friday! They are super cute, amazing people! They've both given us a few scares the last couple of years, but I'm very grateful that they are still with us! I guess they still have something to teach me...they've been together for 56 years, they could teach us all a lot!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

the best part about that movie is that she learned from her mistakes, she moved on and instead of being depressed, she ditched the jerk and made better choices and did the best she chould with what she had left. i was glad the school did not let her back in too...anyway, so you know i am busy, not much time to myself, if i were to read ONE book, maybe TWO, what would you suggest. i need it to be GOOD and keep me interested...what do you suggest???

Malinda said...

Well...if you want a good young adult I would read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman or Howl
s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. If you haven't read The Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini they are both good. If you just want an entertaining book then Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo or Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch is good if you want a little pick me up feel good book. But if you wanted to read a good historical fiction then I'd go with The Queenmaker by India Edghill or Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear. So really I cannot just recommend One book. It really depends on what you feel like! And if your really short on time there's always books on CD.