04 June 2010

Favorite Fridays!

Caravaggio! I love art...the looking at it, but I wasn't blessed with that talent! But One of my favorite paintings...and I have a lot...is Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus! I saw it when I was in London, at the National Gallery! It's beautiful! I like that he depicts Christ without a beard...which could be one of the reasons that he disciples don't recognize him. One of Caravaggio's...themes is to show Christ...the sublime...interrupting everyday life, suggesting to us...ordinary people...that Christ could enter our daily lives as well!

Eli Stone! Oh my goodness, I cannot believe I never watched this show! It is amazing and hilarious! It stars Johnny Lee Miller and Victor Garber, there's singing and dancing...It's like Glee's really awesome ancestor! I've only watched the first season but from what I saw I cannot believe that it was canceled after two seasons!...Well actually I can because they cancels Pushing Daisies after two Firefly after one and the original Star Trek after three!...It's about a lawyer, Stone, who has a brain aneurysm and starts having these crazy visions, which leaves him not knowing if he's some kind of prophet or just really crazy! It's a great show and well worth watching!

Christian Dior! Kate Beckinsale looked stunning at the Cannes Film Festival...in everything she wore...but this was one of my favorites! I love plum/rose combo and the nude heels!

3 comments:

iheartkiwi said...

i love how caravaggio is able to paint light and shadows. phenomenal!

said...

男女互悅,未必廝守終生,相愛就是美的。 ..................................................

Malinda said...

I know! He's amazing!!