05 August 2011

Cowboys & Aliens...

or 2 1/2 hours of Daniel Craig's tight ass in chaps and Harrison Ford proving he still gots it!

Which let's be honest I didn't mind the chaps at all.
To celebrate the fact that all my summer classes are over, I decided that Ford and Craig were the perfect thing to go see. And it was--good. I enjoyed it--but I was a little disappointed. I'm not sure what was missing--but the film just seemed to be lacking--something. Ford on the other hand was better than I've seen him in a while. He just fit the role! I would have liked to have seen more of Col. Woodrow Dolarhyde (Ford) and Nat Colorado (Adam Beach of Smoke Signals)--to be honest it might have been a better movie if they had let Ford's story be the main focus and cut most of the other side stories.!

There's a part with a surprise "alien" that was so--oh you have to be kidding me! I couldn't control the eye rolls. And Olivia Wilde just bothered me, at least her behavior is explained in the movie! I thought that the part where Craig is killing a whole crap load of aliens was--anti-climatic and there's a knife scene that was unfortunately pretty predicable! But you have to enjoy Sam Rockwell as Doc.

Hunt (Walt Goggins) one of the bad guys also could have had more screen time. As well as Meacham (Clancy Brown), the local parson, I liked his character and wish we saw more of him. One of my favorite scenes is when Ford and Craig are running and Craig's hat flies off but he doesn't leave it. It made me laugh--pure cowboy!

Over all it was a good summer flick! A tad bit disappointing, but enjoyable nonetheless!

1 comment:

iheartkiwi said...

A little Daniel Craig is never disappointing :)