23 February 2012

Elementary.

Have you heard that CBS is going to be making an American Sherlock Holmes series? That's right they're going to Americanize it. I have to admit that I'm on the fence about this one.


Firstly I will admit that I really enjoy watching Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law in their Sherlock Holmes movies and I don't have a problem with them making more. They are both very nice to look at and I really enjoy the chemistry they have on screen.


But I am absolutely in love with the BBC's Sherlock. Martin Freeman as Doctor Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch are absolutely freaking amazing! Both are the perfect Sherlock and Watson. It's a modern Sherlock Holmes that is brilliant. And yes, I Believe in Sherlock Holmes. And you have to admit that either one would in fact be quite charming as my future husband!


So when I hear that CBS is going to make an American version of this beloved classic, I'm not surprised. Between Sherlock and Doctor Who, Americans are falling in love with British television--personally I think we need a few panel shows like QI, and Would I Lie To You.  When I learned that Jonny Lee Miller was cast as Sherlock...well, I'm beginning to think that Elementary might be worth watching; I did loved him Eli Stone and Emma. As of now it is decided, I will be tuning in to see Elementary when it airs--and yes, I will then most assuredly be letting you all know what I think of it! 

No comments: