15 May 2012

TV Tuesdays.

Not only is Sherlock brilliantly written, it's beautifully filmed. I love that Sherlock has become a minor celebrity through Watson's blog--1,895 visitors. Doyle's "The Adventures of the Bruce-Partington Plans" is set in 1895 and involves the theft of government documents. But it could also be a reference to Vincent Starrett's sonnet "221B"
"Here dwell together still two men of note
Who never lived and so can never die...
Here, though the world explode, these two survive
And it is always 1895."
Did you notice the rock on Adler's hand!? You really can follow Adler on twitter or her website. Making Irene Adler a dominatrix was very clever! "Vatican cameos" Watson and Sherlock's danger code word is a line from Doyle's The Hound of Baskersvilles--which is the next episode. One of my favorite parts was when Sherlock asks John to hit him. John says "Christmas is canceled" which is very funny on it's own but it is also said by Alan Rickman on Robin Hood. I absolutely love how protective Sherlock and Watson are of Mrs. Hudson. I AM SHERLOCKED! A pun! The whole case ended with a pun! This episode also made me wonder how many ash trays have been stolen from Buckingham palace.

Best Lines:
  • "Did somebody bug my mouth?"-Dorneget in "Up in Smoke" on NCIS.
  • "Not nuts, just a sociopathic paranoid narcissist."-Ryan on NCIS.
  • "Aside from your handsomeness. Every hero needs a bad guy."-Ryan on NCIS.
  • "Saved by the cell"-Ryan on NCIS
  • "If you have what you say you have, I'll make you rich. If you don't I'll make you into shoes."-Moriarty in "Scandal in Belgravia" on Sherlock.
  • "His mind has more apps than an i-phone"-Alan Cummings Masterpiece Theater introduction of Sherlock.
  • "I always hear punch me in the face when you're talking but it's usually subtext."-John on Sherlock.
  • "Brainy is the new sexy!"-The Woman on Sherlock.
  • "I've seen much worse, but I do post mortems."-Molly on Sherlock.
  • "I dislike being out numbered, it makes for too much stupid in the room."-Sherlock on Sherlock.
  • "Mrs. Hudson leave Baker Street? England would fall"-Sherlock on Sherlock.
  • "If anyone needs a friend they can join facebook."-Zoe in "Disaster Drill and Departures" on Hart of Dixie.
  • "I'm worried about Schmidt. He's a jew in the desert, I don't want him to wander."-Winston in "See Ya" on New Girl.
  • "Are you White Fanging Me?"-Cici on New Girl.
  • "To beat the coyote you have to be the coyote."-Jess on New Girl.
  • "Have I told you lately how much I appriciate you not being the dumbest brother on earth?"-Damon in "The Departed" on The Vampire Diaries.
  • "You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure and even a little danger...I want you to get everything you're looking for."-Damon on The Vampire Diaries.
  • "You know what my resolution for this year is? No more parties. They're like a hidden tax on the rich."-Conrad in "Legacy" on Revenge.
  • "It's perverse, don't you think? To destroy a man you love and then weep for him eternally?" Conrad on Revenge.
  • "Would you like some aloe vera? You just got burned."-Sheldon in "The Countdown Reflection" on the Big Bang Theory.
  • "Boldly go, Howard Walowitz."-Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory.
  • "That's the thing about true love Dearie it can slip through your fingers. It's the most powerful magic in the world. The only magic powerful enough to break any curse. It must be protected at all costs."-Rumpelstiltskin in "A Land Without Magic" on Once Upon a Time.
  • "I'm after true love, Dearie, and more importantly what it creates."-Rumpelstiltskin on Once Upon a Time.
  • "I gave up my heart so the queen would spare Snow's. Don't let my sacrifice be in vain. Find her."-The Huntsman on Once Upon a Time.
  • "Waking up Snow White and bringing life to the Darkness."-Mary Margaret/Snow White on Once Upon A Time. (Is this just a line or could there be some kind of Rumpelstiltskin reference because he is the Darkness?)
  • "Let's take back the kingdom...together."-Snow White on Once Upon a Time.
  • "The answer's obvious. These murders were committed by a barefoot man carrying a wolf."-Sgt. Wu in "Big Feet" on Grimm.
  • "This is how legends wind up killing innocent people."-Monroe on Grimm.
Best Outfits:
  • Abby's circus outfit on NCIS.
  • Jess's bow shirt on New Girl.
  • Bernadette's wedding dress on the Big Bang Theory.
  • Amy's tiara on the Big Bang Theory.
  • Mary Margaret's coat on Once Upon a Time.
Product Placements:
  • Twilight on Castle!
  • The Bee Gees "Staying Alive" on Sherlock.
  • Louboutin's on Sherlock! Did you not see those red soles when Irene Adler took off her shoes.
  • Agatha Christie's 10 Little Indians on Revenge.
  • Jack London's White Fang on New Girl.
  • Kindle on New Girl. I have a Kindle--Bob--and I love it!
  • Fantastic Four Annual #3, the issue where Mr. Fantastic marries the Invisible Woman on the Big Bang Theory!
  • Ford on Once Upon a Time.
  • Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire on Grimm. It would have put me to sleep too!
  • Reddi-Whip on Mad Men.
  • Weight Watchers on Mad Men.
Tangents:
  • Holy Moly Castle! I have very mixed emotions about this episode. First I 'm so glad that Castle and Beckett got together but I feel a little cheated by the way it happened. I understand Beckett realizing that she loves Castle and that's all that matters, but the fact that she comes to him after her life has gone to crap. Instead of being completely satisfying, it just felt like well she had nothing else and so she went to Castle. I am interested in seeing if she really is done being a cop, but everyone being mad at Ryan was stupid! He saved their freaking lives--Get Over It!
  • Mark Twain quote on NCIS "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Nathaniel Hawthorne's Scarlet Woman was quoted as well "Let man tremble to win the hand of woman."  Did anyone else love when a fake drunk Jimmy calls Gibbs Leroy!
  • I loved how New Girl ended the season with everyone dancing alone in their rooms! Classic New Girl! Really made me want to have a dance party in my room.
  • I was very glad to see McGarett's sexy...face on Hawaii 5-0 again this week. And did Dano call him babe?! 
  • Awake was canceled this week. Apparently the people at NBC don't share my sincere love of seeing Jason Issac's weekly and sometimes pretty naked on my television screen. I've really enjoyed Awake and I hope that they can give a somewhat satisfying end to the short lived series.
  • Did anyone else want to laugh when the Elijah gave Elena his word on The Vampire Diaries? Holy crap he's gorgeous but I mean honestly Elijah acts all honorably, but he has broken his word before. But he is very good looking! I love how Caroline is so Caroline when she says all she needs is a curling iron. So Bonnie just let Evalric stab Tyler/Klaus? Um, I'm pretty sure that vampire Stefan could have saved both Matt and Elena. He is a vampire and they do have super strength and it's not like they need to breathe. Damon met Elena first! That's right the brother Elena is suppose to end up with met her first and now that she's a vampire she'll remember that!
  • On a sad note, Alcatraz was officially canceled this week. I really liked this show and wish it had more time to find the right audience! GCB was canceled as well. It really grew on me and I really like all the Bible references.
  • I really like how the dogs freaked out when they got near Monroe's house on Grimm. "That's why I mark my territory" very clever! It's about time Nick told Juliet about the whole Grimm thing.

1 comment:

buddy2blogger said...

Nice review of the episode.

For a different look at this episode, check out my review .

Cheers!