80. Watching shows from your childhood!
30 April 2012
29 April 2012
28 April 2012
27 April 2012
"A woman should never ever wear anything she can't afford to lose, which is why I didn't bring my diamonds to Mexico."-Catherine Zeta-Jones
26 April 2012
"This pretzel tastes like a freaking donut!"-Leah, Juno
I cannot find the recipe for this cupcake that looks delicious but I did find this one, and this one, and this one.
Today is National Pretzel Day so whether you want to make one of these delectable salty chocolatey treats or just want to eat some pretzels au naturel, I hope you enjoy some salty goodness today!
25 April 2012
"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."--Frederick the Great
Make your own Floral party hats!
I'm thinking May Day party, or a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, or Spring Flingy party.
Whatever the occasion I have a feeling it's going to be fun!
24 April 2012
Good freaking H! What the heck is going on on OUAT! I loved this last episode but then again Mr. Gold was the main character. I still haven't processed everything that happened but OMfreakingG it was a good episode. First, we found out what Gold was doing in that apron with that shovel in the middle of the woods--he was burying a knife. Two, Gold truly looked scared when he found the picture of the knife. Third, I loved how everyone kept asking Gold if he was there for the rent. Fourth, HOLY CRAP, I feel so bad for Gold, stupid August! Who the heck is the guy? From the previews it looks like he's Pinocchio or at least that's what they want us to believe. What I'm more interested in is why he can leave town! Fifth, Rumple made the spell to find his son! He might be a bad guy but he's still retained his humanity. Interesting to note that despite Regina not having any qualms about killing people in reality, Gold does. Sixth, if there is no magic in reality then why was Regina able to kill Graham by squeezing his heart to dust?
- "Never say awesome, you're a grown man."-Slaughter in "Headhunters" on Castle.
- "Am I packing? No, I'm not a cop! My vest says writer on it."-Castle on Castle.
- "Carole Lombard is my spirit animal."-Blair in "WWDPD, What Would Dorothy Parker Do?" on Gossip Girl.
- "People make fun of the guy who stays home every night doing nothing. But the truth is that guy's a genius."-Ted in "Now We're Even" on How I Met Your Mother.
- "Not the rose quartz of slightly embarrassed or the tomato red of the mildly abashed, vermillion the color of carnal shame."-Marshall on How I Met Your Mother.
- "In Canada I was Robin Sparkles. I was a cabinhold name."-Robin on How I Met Your Mother.
- "Tonight was the night we started a mariachi band."-Barney on How I Met Your Mother.
- "Your life's like Gossip Girl only everyone is old and poor."-Sarah "Kids" on New Girl.
- "The world turns, man. Vampires sparkle now."-Walter in "The Conversation" on the Finder.
- "Every time Batman goes looking for justice he kills hundreds of people."-Walter on the Finder.
- "He's a typewriter wrapped in an enigma wrapped in stubble."-Emma in "The Return" on Once Upon a Time.
- "We're so glad you didn't kill Mrs. Nolan."-Henry on Once Upon a Time.
- I really liked Zoe's red pants on Hart on Hart of Dixie. Didn't like her shoes but I liked her pants.
- I really liked Jess's blue dress/blue sweater outfit on New Girl.
- Mary Margaret's jacket on Once Upon a Time.
- Megan's peachy dress and chevron jacket on Mad Men.
- McGruff the Crime Dog on Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23.
- Dancing with the Stars on Last Man Standing.
- Gossip Girl on New Girl.
- As far as Hart of Dixie goes I'm very glad that everything is out in the open. First let me just say that I love Wade, and yes I think Zoe and Wade should be together. I'm not a big fan of George at all--he might as well move back to New York so that Lemon and Lavon can get together.
- I loved seeing Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin back together on Castle this week. I was so happy I didn't even mind that his character was such a terd. I will admit the one thing that I didn't like was his hair, it bothered me the whole episode.
- Welcome back Ranjit on How I Met Your Mother. Heelloo! I've really enjoyed their taxi/limo driver throughout the series. And Sandy Rivers was back, you got to love Alexis Denisof.
- I loved Dan and Blair's British Themed party! From the bowler hats on the lamps above the counter, to the union jacks on the chairs...and hanging everywhere! What I wouldn't give to throw a party that awesome! Plus it could be the perfect inspiration for a London Olympic's opening ceremony party!!! Oh I loved the art and the guard as you walk in--oh my heart!
- Oh Delena! I hope everyone will listen to Rose and just let Damon and Elena get together on Vampire Diaries.
23 April 2012
Today is a very special day!
58 years ago my Mema and Pop got married! To celebrate this day we wear our Nevitt Knight shirts, a tradition that was started a long time ago...way back when I wast still in High School. I'm very grateful that these two beautiful people fell in love. They have been great examples and have always supported me in everything I've done!
Happy Anniversary Mema and Pop! I love you!
21 April 2012
"A queen stood atop a tower built of people. True, those at the bottom were bricks of basest clay, yet if those common bricks crumpled in their support, the tower fell."-Elenia-Robert Jordan, Crossroads of Twilight
Today is Queen of Elizabeth's (of England) 86th birthday.
In honor of her Royal Highness I hope you enjoy yourself an English treat; be that a cool looking cake, some kind of tart or a cup of tea, take a little time to toast the queen and remember how grateful you are to not be one of her subjects!
20 April 2012
"Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain"-Billie Holiday
I love the idea of using rain boots for flower arrangements in the spring! They definitely don't have to be so matchy matchy, but I am loving this idea. To bad I don't own a pair of rain boots--I live in Arizona where we've been having a drought for years! Still this is a really cute idea!
19 April 2012
Today is National High Five Day!
It's ok go ahead and high five everyone you know today. It's still cool, ask Barney Stinson.
On this most high fiven day I CHALLENGE you to high five someone today--anyway you want to. If you are one of the cool few who will actually high five someone today, feel free to share what kind of high five you did.
18 April 2012
For PB's fourth birthday he wanted a football party so that's what we gave him!
I spent days painting, cutting and figuring out how to hang these football things but the day of the party the wind decided it wanted to really blow. It huffed and puffed and ripped them apart!
I made these for the birthday boy and PH. PB loved his PH...not so much, but they are so cute!
We had a little concession stand inside.
Thank You bags.
Cupcakes. I tried making the caramel frosting a darker brown, which happened but I couldn't get it the color I wanted.
We found the printables online and they were perfect for the party because PB's favorite color is green!
Mel made the chalkboard that we used for the background.
Despite my field goal post falling to pieces, we found this random tarp which I though worked well with the football theme.
The birthday boy taking a knee in his football pads.
I pulled out mother's old choir risers for the stands.
Here's L wearing PH's footbal pads.
And we couldn't forget the Paper thing they rip apart.
17 April 2012
I'm so glad someone finally punched Campbell on Mad Men! I never thought it was going to be Lane, but still that was awesome! I love the fact that Ken is now writing Science Fiction. 1960s science fiction--classic! Another serial killer was mentioned tonight, Charles Whitman. We're really beginning to feel that overwhelming dread and fear that plagued everyone in the 60s. Speaking of Science Fiction, Awake reminds me of a story I read, They by Robert Heinlein. It's about a man in an insane asylum that is convinced that the world he lives in isn't real and every night he almost figures everything out, but then they wake him up.
- "There's only one thing left to do at a time like this. Watch the entire Star Wars trilogy all the way through."-Ted in "Trilogy Time" on How I Met Your Mother.
- "If you're not trilling it at least once every three years the Dark Side wins."-Marshall on How I Met Your Mother.
- "There is power in prayer."-Mike in "Wherefore art thou, Mike Baxter" on Last Man Standing.
- "We do not negotiate with terrorists, especially ones from Florida."-Lily on "It Girl Interrupted" on Gossip Girl.
- "The only good news is that my annoying neighbor Becky is moving back east to Oregon."-Haley in "Election Day" on Modern Family.
- "The whole family's high! There's your headline."-Phil on Modern Family.
- "My daughter might go to college!"-Phil on Modern Family.
- "Han Solo didn't look this great coming out of carbonite."-Michael Britten in "Ricky's Tacos" on Awake.
- "If you want to get with me, you got to get with my friends. And that is a Spice Girls song."-Jess in "Normal" on New Girl.
- "The floor is lava!"- Schmidt on New Girl.
- "I'm a modern day Cinderfella."-Ray in "Drag Me To Hell" on In Plain Sight.
- "That outfit you got on looks like Tinkerbell threw up on it."-Gigi in "Pride Comes Before the Fall" on GCB.
- "The Sharon curl is my trademark took, like Farrah Fawcett's bangs, Kate Middleton's wave, and Donald Trump's forelock."-Sharon on GCB.
- "Cooper speaks British."-Don Draper in "Signal 30" on Mad Men.
- B in her pink Oscar de la Renta gown on Gossip Girl.
- Star Wars on How I Met Your Mother--the original trilogy!
- M & M's and Skittles on Psych.
- Toyota Yaris on Psych. It's Gus's blueberry!
- Star Wars on Awake.
- Toyota Prius on Modern Family.
- Spice Girls and Aladdin on New Girl. When was the last time you listened to Wannabe?
- Agatha Christie on In Plain Sight. 10 Little Indians.
- Willie Wonka and Oompa Loompas in "The Chef" on The Finder.
- Oh Chuck paid Blair's dowry on Gossip Girl! B is with the wrong guy and if she stays with Lonely Boy much longer I'm going to seriously threaten to stop watching this show!
- I don't think there is another show that has cuter babies than Bones! Michael and Christine are adorable!
- Curtis and Harmon on NCIS are amazing!
- I think I need to make a Trilogy pact with someone! Who wants to Trill it up with me every three years?!
- Good freaking H! They can't get rid of Henry on Psych. I will be very upset if he dies, I don't think they'd get rid of him...unless he wanted to go. Still you can't get rid of Henry!!
- The best part of Missing is Sean Bean! He doesn't have enough screen time. I think that next season we should follow the same story but from his perspective. Can you imagine how much better this show would be if he was on screen all the time! Do you think he's bad? Bean makes an awesome bad guy, but I don't think he's that bad.
- The neighborhood where Detective Britten chased el diablo on Awake could have been filmed in my mission, California San Fernando.
- I kind of really want to play True American from New Girl but without all the beer...which probably makes the game less fun.
- Ripp and that old school boom box thing during the This Little Light of Mine number was hilarious.
- The Baptism scene on Game of Thrones was beautiful. I hate Theon and am not a fan of the Iron Islands but the scene was beautiful.
16 April 2012
"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens."-Abraham Lincoln
13 April 2012
"How can you not get romantic about baseball?"--Billy Bean
I loved it! It was well written and Pitt and Hill are superb! They deserve all the nominations they received! If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. Sure it's a baseball movie--but it does star Brad Pitt so there really shouldn't be any arguments! It's based on the true story and it did leave me with a few questions like--did it really change the game? I ask Papa if he remembered anything about that season, and he didn't. Yeah, I know there's the whole Red Socks curse thing--but come on! Did it really change the game? Either way, it's a really good movie!
12 April 2012
"If I were the rain, could I connect with someone's heart, as the rain can unite the eternally separated earth and sky?"-Tite Kubo, Bleach
How cute is this April Showers party! I love the rain boots on the table; it's simple, creative and super cute! It's perfect for those April/spring parties I know you're wanting to invite me to!
11 April 2012
10 April 2012
- "We're a family."-Brennan in "The Prisoner in the Pipe" on Bones.
- "My shoes are filled with blood."-Jess in "Secrets"on New Girl.
- "I'm turning these pigs in a blanket into piglets in a blinky."-Jane in "Four Weddings and a Funeral (Minus Three Weddings and One Funeral)" on Happy Endings.
- "be like Don Draper pact"-Dan in "Con Heir" on Gossip Girl.
- "This is worse than the Empire Strikes Back."-Cricket in "Turn the Other Cheek" on GCB.
- "Don't be a chicken, cross the road."-Gigi on GCB.
- "She's trying to Darth Vader you."-Walter in "Life After Death" on The Finder.
- "Oh snap! You just got Skywalkered lady!"-Walter on The Finder.
- "Can you grow that? Can you bigify that?"-Patrick in "" on The Mentalist.
- Angela's splattery dress on Bones.
- The Happy Endings cast totally rocked those tuxes on Happy Endings--well not Jane, but the rest of them!
- B's tights on Gossip Girl. The ones she's wearing when her and Dan are in the elevator.
- S's tights on Gossip Girl too! The ones she wore to the party.
- Oh my heart I loved all the different hunting outfits the girls on GCB wore this week!
- Hoop skirt Gone with the Wind dresses on GCB--LOVED it!
- The Voice on Psych.
- Castle on Missing! Did you notice that Richard Castle endorsed that old man's book!
- Mad Men on Gossip Girl!
- Then Again by Diane Keaton on New Girl.
- Turkey bacon on GCB.
- Ace of Base on GCB.
- There's no room at the Inn on Bones! Loved the whole bible parallel. It really doesn't matter what happens I just love the fact that Bones and Booth are together--it just makes me so happy!
- The quote from the new guys portfolio, in "Tea Leaves" on Mad Men, "Judge not lest ye be judged" is found in Matthew--interesting since he's Jewish. Yeah and that was Henry Francis calling Mitt Romney's dad a clown.
- It was about time Joan left that handsome jerk husband of hers in "Mystery Date" on Mad Men. Don killing that chick in his fever dream was a little weird for me. I love the Roger/Peggy scenes, I really
- Mandonna on Happy Endings! HA! And did you Jane pulling an Angelina with her leg!
- Sean Bean is freaking ALIVE on Missing! I totally called that!! He's just so good looking! I really hope that he isn't the big bad but...nope, I'm just going to cling to the slim hope that he's good and that's why his family is still alive!
- What the heck is happening to Sgt. Wu on Grimm? Last week it was couch cushion this week its paperclips!
- The DJ's blue lightsaber on the Finder, I have it!!
09 April 2012
"Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves, and of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys, they'd just walk around naked at all times."--Betsey Johnson
I really want to wear this dress! I don't know where I would wear this...but holy crap I'd look good!
Mary Katrantzou F2012
07 April 2012
06 April 2012
05 April 2012
"It was amazing that a play that seems dated in this world...a man whose best friend is a six-foot white rabbit...but it caught on, especially with young people--they surprised me most of all."-James Stewart
04 April 2012
03 April 2012
- "The Batcave behind the Batcave."-Doc in "" on Alcatraz.
- "Try not to shoot anyone if you can help it" "I don't know what you're talking about"-Lucy and Hauser on Alcatraz.
- "Love is not a switch."-Martha in "47 Secons" on Castle.
- "You could get me drunk professionally" Drunk college girl in "Fancyman Pt. 2 on New Girl.
- "Manbulance" Schmidt on New Girl.
- "I figure if I gotta be a lesbian might as well go straight to the top."-Alex in "" on Happy Endings.
- "It's like looking at the universe naked"-Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory.
- "I'm not criticizing you. I'm helping you."-Regina's mother in "Stable Boy" on Once Upon a Time.
- "Love. True love, is magic. And not just any magic. The most powerful magic of all. It creates true happiness."-Regina Mills on Once Upon a Time.
- "Come after sun down under the cloak of darkness."-Gigi in "Forbidden Fruit" on GCB.
- "When is everything going to get back to normal?"-poor Roger in"Tea Leaves" on Mad Men. I really feel for the guy and Pete's a totally...craphead jerk!
- "You love your children. It's your one redeeming quality. That and your cheekbones."-Tyrion in "The North Remembers" on Game of Thrones
- I have total hair envy of Beckett on Castle.
- Martha's green jacket with pink gloves on Castle.
- Ford on Alcatraz. Not just Ford but Ford Mustangs! But did anyone else see the recurring green bug during the car chase?
- GPS tracker apps on Alcatraz.
- Pace Salsa on Happy Endings.
- Did anyone else want to go out and but a Spock action figure after seeing Sheldon have a conversation with his on the Big Bang Theory?...I did!
- Unbreakable by Chloe and Lamar...it's unisex on the Big Bang Theory.
- Emily Thorn on Happy Endings. For those who don't know this is the main character on Revenge.
- Ford in "Judgement Day" on White Collar.
- Bugles on Med Men.
- Rebecca Madson on Alcatraz reminds me of Mecham, just taller and less fun! Seriously, it could be her sister--I think it's the hair...and her nose. A winking warden is super creepy!
- Castle's new Chief still bothers me.
- Emergency pancakes reserved for breakups and Dancing with the Stars Elimination on Castle! Proof that happy faces can make even pancakes edible!
- Dermot Mulroney on New Girl! He's so good looking!
- Just so you know Gibbs's rule #22 is Never Ever Bother Gibbs In Interrogation!
- A fat Betty Draper? That was the biggest surprise of the season. I really like the Peggy/Roger scenes, and the last scene where Roger pointed out that Pete was the last person he hired was a little was a little unsettling--I really don't like Pete, and I think it all stemmed from hating him on Angel. The Rolling Stones did do a cereal commercial.
- I admit I watch Game of Thrones--but I cannot recommend it to anyone because there is a lot of nudity and stuff. But I've read the book and I am quite clearly addicted! Tyrion is still my favorite character along with Arya who really needed more screen time.
- I'm pretty sure that Juliette on Grimm is hiding something. I don't think it's possible to shoot that well if you've never shot a gun before. And what is up with Sgt. Wu eating the stuff inside his couch? IS he a Wessen
- Ruby finding Katheryn on Once Upon a Time was very clever because she's a tracker! I also loved the young Snow--perfectly cast as a young Ginnifer Goodwin.
02 April 2012
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and had the opportunity to listen to a prophet of the Lord speak! One of the things I love most about General Conference is...That's it's all true!!
If you missed it--it's Ok, you can listen to it all here! And you should, the talks were amazing!
If you missed it--it's Ok, you can listen to it all here! And you should, the talks were amazing!